Search

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reflections on Fathers Day.


As Fathers day approaches I can't help but notice the love for the paternal parent. This is even more amplified by the fact that Luke can verbalize his emotions quite succinctly even though some of that is orchestrated by his exposure to the media and his preschool.
Nonetheless, it feels great to be the center of attention this Fathers day and I look forward to many more.
I hear athletes and people on Jeopardy thanking and 'shouting out' to their mothers and I wonder where their fathers are.

In keeping with my characteristic and contrarian self I propose a merge of Fathers and Mothers day to create a Parents day so that both parents can be appreciated equally.

I love you Dad and I wish you and all fathers a happy fathers day.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:16 PM

    Happy Fathers day bro!



    Fathers are very special and well appreciated by their children, it is a blessing to be a father, your children always look to you for ALL THEIR NEEDS!DIRECTION,MENTORING,SUPPORT- MORAL,ETHICAL etc, a rather joyfull calling.



    Keep well and hugs to Smita and luke, when is the baby....Lola due?



    We all good, boys doing exams as they close on 1st July for the summer hols.



    By the way, i went on my own, my business is Gremwa consultants.



    chao for now, love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:16 PM

    Awwww so thotful..you have to run this one by Obamz..get some stimulus money and its a go!

    ReplyDelete