Search

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Mind blowing Reggae


We went to a music event at the famous Hollywood Bowl this past summer.  The artists were all Reggae artists and most of you probably already know that is my favorite genre of music.

Third World whom I last saw in the 90s at the Carnivore in Nairobi, Kenya years ago opened up and were absolutely amazing.  They were followed by Ghetto Youths crew who seem to be the breeding ground for young talent out of Jamaica.  Julian Marley son of the late great Bob Marley is part of this crew.

This was then followed by what I can only describe as the most amazing musical experience I have ever had.
Stephen Marley, another son of the late great Bob Marley took the stage and from start to finish had the entire crowd singing along and dancing.  The sound was perfect, the weather balmy and the experience awesome.

Damian Marley, another son of the late great Bob followed this performance with a more uptempo beat.  In my opinion, Stephen stole the show but it was all good!  The only sons that were missing were Ziggy and Kymani which sounds like Kimathi or Kimani if you ask me.

You can hear a little in this little clip I recorded on my phone.  Excuse the amateur sing along and wild screaming.  I have no idea who that lunatic next to me was that was screaming like that!




Here is a little fun motion photo from the event.



2 comments:

  1. I am not that much a reggae buff, but I must agree Steven is just the ultimate performer. I was able to attend a live concert he gave in August of 2007 in Boston just before I moved back home, and I must say I had a blast! The guy had the whole crowd up on our feet from the very first note he played to the last. I would definitely attend another show of his chap chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric.
      That was our exact same experience. I'm afraid no show I attend will compare to that.

      Delete