Search

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Captains Log - Day 1


What an ordeal it is to get here but we are here at last.  

Two +10 hour flights, a 5 hour layover in JNB' a 1 hour flight to ELS and another 1 hour drive to KWT! The younglings did well but started melting down towards the end with whimpers, whining, crying and the screaming.  Night número uno was absolutely relaxing but we were all up at 4am, breakfast by 6am and fading again by 8am. 

I took a leisurely walk on Queens Weg (road in Afrikaans) to scout out the area.  I was taken aback by the breathtaking mountain views and defeaning silence occasionally broken by the sounds of various birds and most of all, air that my lungs reasonably identified as smog-free.

I crashed again from 12pm to 5pm.   This jet lag thing is no joke.  Hopefully by tomorrow I'm all over it. 

A lovely start indeed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment