Search

Friday, December 16, 2011

Captains Log - Day 2


So it's day two and I'm still blogging so that's a good thing right?

Today was awesome. After the usual early morning routines, I took my walk this time in the opposite direction and ended up at the Dale College swimming pool which was all set up for water polo. They must have quite a team, I thought to myself. I passed a few locals whom I greeted in Xhosa correctly assuming I blended in perfectly. 'Moolweni!'

As soon as got back, we were on the road to East London shortly thereafter where we went on a short but successful hunt for Smitas longtime friend Shereen. Shereen is so important....let me put it this way, if it wasn't for Shereen and the circle of friends around her, Smita and I would never have met and so on and so forth...you do the math.

After that heart warming episode, we went to the Gonubie open market/show which is held annually around this time of the year. I met a SUP surfer there and he proceeded to give me some tips on where to go and where to buy my gear; so we headed there. There in this case was Nahoon where I did my first paddle out in MY continent, in MY ocean. Suffice it to say that it was emotional, fun, fulfilling and worth it.

The kids had fun and were thoroughly exhausted by the time we got home.

More story Ngomso...as they would say.


No comments:

Post a Comment