Search

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Captains Log - Day 6


Last night I crashed by 8am so it should come as no surprise that I was up today at 3:30am.  I literally watched the sun rise out of the east like a huge orange orb behind the ocean. 

I had a very interesting chat with Douglas, a Jeffrey's Bay local before I paddled out at Super Tubes. It was way smaller than yesterday but still lots of fun. On my walk back, I decided to do a second session at Boneyards where I met more locals and one Yank. 

By the time I got back to Pinnaquin, everyone was raring to go.  So the first pit stop was at Sea View Lion Park where we got to see and pet Lions!  Next stop was Addo Elephant Park where our very first afternoon game drive was immediately rewarded with the sighting of a huge herd of Elephant amongst other wildlife. 

After a noisy dinner (the kids were exceptionally unruly) we retired to our perfect accomodations and in exactly 5 minutes...the kids were snoring...and so were we.

2011Dec_LionPark



No comments:

Post a Comment