Search

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Captains Log - Day 5


I woke up at 4am again. This time, the kids had nothing to do with it.  I was just too excited to sleep. As soon as I slid the French doors open, I could hear and smell the ocean. 

I took a walk along the beach to do some reconnaissance work on where I wanted to paddle out.  I soon discovered Super Tubes and The Point and made my decision. A short walk back to Pinnaquin to pickup my gear and I was back at the point.  

I stuffed my bag into the bushes, skipped gingerly across the razor sharp lava rocks that guard the perfect peaks at The Point and heaved myself onto my first real good wave at approximately 6am!   What a session! 

When I returned, giddy from my session, we hit the road and headed to Tsitsikama to do some bird watching.  Grandpa Alexander has an unmistakable passion for birds and it was great to have such a knowledgable guide. Luke wasn't too keen at the beginning but towards the end he had even mastered the calls of a beautiful peacock that bid us adieu.  Laila's attempts to mimick the calls had us cracking up too. 

We drove back to Jeffriesbaai, threw some scrumptious chicken skewers on the braai and after indulging ourselves, retired for the night. 

What a day!

2011Dec_JayBay



No comments:

Post a Comment